In Case Of Scratches on Acrylic Display Stand, Here’s What You Can Do
Usually, acrylic display stands and acrylic retail pop displays keep the scratches and cracks at bay, but when sometimes, unintentionally mishandled, you need a quick fix solution to undo the damage. Here’s what you can try:
In the Process of Acrylic Processing: The Scratching Method
- In case of a small scratch, you can use a customized polish available in the market to mask the scratches. But, keep in mind that the effect is only suitable for minor scratches.
- In case if an accidental scratch while processing, you can use a flame in order to polish or mask the scratch. Make sure you do not burn it to an extent that it looks overly done. Just sweep the flame lightly over the affected area. Also, keep in mind that don’t be sloppy while cleaning the acrylic plates because they are too prone to electrostatic absorption of dust. Use a soft cotton cloth with 1% soapy water to wipe the plate clean.
- In case of a huge scratch, polish the affected area with a cloth wheel polisher. The method is pretty quick, you can simply apply wax on the cloth wheel and then resume it by scratching the surface. Easy-peasy!
Acrylic Rack Scratch Treatment Method
- In case of small scratches, use a clean cotton cloth to wipe the surface and apply some toothpaste on the affected area. After you wipe it clean, it will restore the original color of the rack and brightness minus the scratch.
- The most obvious scratch treatment method is diamond polishing, but it also bears a few limitations. The costs are obviously high, especially when the surface is wide. Commonly while processing the acrylic merchandise, the part where it involves the polishing, this particular method is used. It causes brightness as transparent as the plate. Hence, specific types of acrylic display racks are made for cosmetics display rack, display stand, bakery display stand—they all are processed with diamond polishing treatment.
- In case of a huge scratch, use of finest water-based sandpaper is the best method to remove it. Use the sandpaper to add water then grind the scratch way all the flaws, and lastly polish the area with a cloth wheel polisher. Also, keep in mind that since the size of the scratch was huge, it will leave the polished surface a little pitted so as to mask all the scratches.