How to Buy, Store and Use Frozen Produce?
With frozen produce, you can relish the best fruit of the summer the entire year. Frozen fruit is both delicious and nutritious and is a good buy in the winter season. Select from any blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, and mixed berries, peaches or mango. If you love blueberries, we have frozen blueberries supplier just for you! You won’t have to wash, peel, or chop the fruits, so it will help you save a lot of time in the kitchen. You should use frozen fruit more often.
How to buy frozen fruit?
Save your money by purchasing fresh fruit in season. You can select your own at a farm or purchase extra at the farmers’ market. Then you can freeze the fruit for the later use all year. When you are shopping for frozen fruit at a grocery mart, purchase the plain packages. Frozen fruit tastes sweet enough with zero added sugar or syrup.
Buying local frozen fruit
When it comes to buying local food, you are supporting the farmers so that they can keep striving and thriving in producing high quality and affordable food we all can relish and stay healthy and fed. If you are wanting to know if your frozen fruit came from your region, look for the logo or get in touch with the manufacturer.
Tips for storing frozen fruit
To freeze fresh fruit:
- Rinse the fruit
- Cut away the bruised or spoiled parts if you find any.
- Place the fruit pieces like the berries or the pitted cherries or slices like the peeled or pitted peaches in a single layer on a baking sheet. This methodology helps in keeping the fruit from sticking over one another when you subject it in a freezer bag.
- Freeze the produce until it is solid and then transfer it to the freezer bags.
- Squeeze the air out of the bags before you seal them.
- Label the bags with a date so that you can know when to use and when to throw away.
Creative ideas to use frozen fruits
- Serve the frozen fruit in a bowl as a snack.
- Add color and fruity flavor to water. You can also try frozen mango or berries. You can freeze lemon, lime or orange slices as well.
- You can make a simple fruit dip. Puree the frozen fruit and then swirl it into yogurt.